Qualities of a Good Vein Doctor or Vein Center in Houston
May 16, 2020
Which qualities to consider when looking for a reputable vein center in Houston, Texas?
- Presence of Accomplished Vein Doctors: The most important factor to consider when looking for a reputable vein center in Houston is the quality of their vein doctors. You must ensure that your vein treatment center has high standards for their vein doctors. They should only accept the most accomplished and experienced vein doctors who specialize in minimally invasive treatment options and vascular imaging for vein disease.
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: You must find a vein and vascular center with state-of-the-art infrastructure. In the past, vein disease could be treated with surgical procedures. However, modern minimally invasive treatment options rely on advanced technologies, such as ClariVein, ClosureFAST, and VNUS.
- Minimally Invasive Treatment Options: You must only trust a vein treatment center in Houston that provides minimally invasive treatment options. The latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, VenaSeal, and sclerotherapy.
- Friendly Vein Doctors and Staff: The vein center in Houston should have friendly vein doctors and staff. Their vein clinic staff should help you with all your concerns, answer your questions patiently, and help you during every stage of the vein treatment in Houston.
- Insurance Coverage: Modern minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are eligible for insurance coverage because they’re medically necessary procedures. As such, you must find a vein clinic that accepts all major insurance plans and helps you get the best insurance coverage possible.
- Location in Houston, Texas: Finally, you should find an easily accessible vein treatment center in Houston, Texas. The vein clinic should be located in a prominent part of Houston, Texas, and they should also have parking space.
How do you find the most accomplished vein doctors for vein treatment in Houston, Texas?
- Training: The first thing you must consider when looking for a vein clinic with accomplished vein doctors is their level of training. You should look for a vein doctor, medically called a phlebologist, who has been trained at a reputable medical school, such as Harvard Medical School or NYU School of Medicine. Furthermore, look for a vein doctor who has also completed their residencies and fellowships from reputable institutions.
- Experience: You should ideally look for a vein doctor who has several years of training and experience with minimally invasive vein treatment options. During your consultation, you can even ask the vein doctor how many minimally invasive treatments they’ve performed.
- Track Record: Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments have a 97% success rate and a negligible risk of side effects. As such, you must find a vein doctor who has a perfect track record. You can even go through the vein doctor’s online reviews and testimonials to ensure they provide successful treatments.
- Specializing in Minimally Invasive Treatment Options: Find a vein doctor who has performed hundreds of minimally invasive treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, VenaSeal, and sclerotherapy.
- Attitude: Finally, you should also look for a vein doctor with a friendly and compassionate attitude. The vein doctor should focus on your physical and emotional comfort.
Cosmetic vein and laser center describes what happens during vein treatment in Houston.
Vein doctors diagnose the root cause of vein diseases using Duplex Ultrasound.
When you schedule an appointment with our vein treatment clinic, our vein doctor will first examine your leg veins. They will look for signs and symptoms of vein disease, such as spider veins, varicose veins, restless legs syndrome, leg heaviness, throbbing leg veins, frequent leg cramps, and other issues.
Following the initial consultation, the vein doctor or phlebologist will schedule a vascular imaging test called Duplex Ultrasound. During the Doppler Ultrasound, the vein physician will visualize the blood flow in your leg veins onto a computer screen to determine if you have underlying vein disease.
Once the vein doctor has determined the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins, they will discuss your minimally invasive treatment options and insurance coverage.
Vein treatment center in Houston provides minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
If you have underlying venous insufficiency, our vein treatment center in Houston will provide one of the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. The best minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
During these minimally invasive treatment options, the vein doctor uses different methods to collapse the diseased saphenous vein under ultrasound guidance. Radiofrequency ablation collapses the diseased vein using thermal energy. Endovenous laser ablation collapses the affected vein using laser energy. And VenaSeal seals the walls of the diseased vein with a vein glue, essentially turning it into scar tissue.
Once the diseased vein is shut down, the accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins, which restores smooth blood circulation to the heart. Meanwhile, the diseased saphenous vein hardens into scar tissues that get absorbed by the body.
Vein treatment clinic provides minimally invasive treatments for visible varicose veins and spider veins.
The aforementioned minimally invasive varicose vein procedures treat the underlying vein disease. However, they don’t get rid of the visible varicose veins and spider veins on the surface of the skin.
As such, after the primary vein treatment, the vein doctor may use sclerotherapy to remove the superficial varicose veins and spider veins. During sclerotherapy, the vein doctor will inject a medicine called sclerosant into the spider veins to fuse their vein walls, turning them into scar tissues that get absorbed by the body in a few weeks.
Schedule an appointment with our Houston vein and cosmetic center.
Vein Treatment Clinic is a state-of-the-art vein center in Houston with some of the most accomplished vein doctors specializing in minimally invasive vein treatment options. Furthermore, our Houston vein clinic is extremely accessible, located near The Galleria in Uptown Houston. For more information, please schedule an appointment with our vein center in Houston, Texas, today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School