What is the Best Spider Vein Treatment in TX? According to Reputable Vein Doctor
April 14, 2020
Let’s discuss the importance of spider vein treatment in TX.
Spider veins are dense clusters of spider web-like blood vessels that appear on the surface of your skin. They usually appear on your legs, thighs, or buttocks, but they may also appear on your face.
If you suffer from spider veins, you must consult a Houston vein clinic that can provide the best minimally-invasive spider vein and varicose vein treatments. The following is an overview of all the reasons spider vein treatment in TX is important:
- Cosmetic Appearance: Spider veins look like a network of spider webs on your skin. Varicose veins look like large twisted knots of ropes or tree trunks on your legs. Both varicose veins and spider veins look hideous. Furthermore, varicose veins and spider veins continue growing, which makes them even uglier.
- Mental Health: Most people who have varicose veins and spider veins also suffer from severe self-consciousness. The presence of varicose veins and spider veins on your skin makes you want to hide your body, leading to self-consciousness and social anxiety. People with varicose veins and spider veins often retreat from society, which can lead to long term mental health problems, such as anxiety and depression.
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency: Varicose veins and spider veins are often symptoms of underlying vein disease. Venous insufficiency is a medical condition in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins. The continued accumulation of blood in your veins will eventually lead to the formation of varicose veins and spider veins. If left untreated, varicose veins and spider veins will also lead to other complications, like profuse bleeding, skin disease, skin discoloration, leg ulcers, and deep vein thrombosis.
When talking about varicose veins and spider veins, most people only refer to cosmetic problems. As such, there’s a prevalent myth that varicose veins and spider veins are merely cosmetic issues. However, since varicose veins and spider veins are symptoms of vein disease, you must seek spider vein treatment in TX immediately.
How do vein doctors diagnose the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins?
Varicose veins are large dilated blood vessels that protrude out of the surface of the skin. The presence of varicose veins confirms that you have underlying chronic venous insufficiency. However, the presence of spider veins doesn’t automatically indicate underlying vein disease. You may also have spider veins with no underlying venous insufficiency.
As such, the vein doctor or vein physician must diagnose the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins to confirm if you have venous insufficiency and curate the correct spider vein treatment plan. If the vein doctor treats the spider veins without addressing the underlying venous insufficiency, your spider veins will return later.
The vein doctor or vein specialist will diagnose underlying vein disease through these methods:
- Initial Consultation: During your initial consultation with the vein dr, they will examine your varicose veins and spider veins. The vein specialist will look for other symptoms of vein disease, such as throbbing veins and discoloration of the skin.
- Discussion of Medical History and Symptoms: The vein doctor will ask pertinent questions about your medical history and symptoms. The vein dr will especially ask you if you’ve experienced symptoms of vein disease, such as restless legs syndrome, frequent leg cramps, leg swelling, leg heaviness, etc.
- Duplex Ultrasound: Finally, the vein specialist will use a Duplex Ultrasound method to visualize the blood flow in your saphenous veins. This will allow them to identify anomalies in your blood flow, which will indicate if you have vein disease.
Based on the results of the initial consultation and diagnosis, the vein doctor will curate the best minimally-invasive treatment plan for varicose veins and spider veins.
How do vein specialists treat varicose veins and spider veins?
The vein specialist or vein doctor will curate a treatment plan based on whether you have underlying chronic venous insufficiency.
During minimally-invasive vein treatments, the vein doctor will use different methods to destroy the diseased saphenous vein to restore smooth blood circulation to the heart. The following are the best minimally-invasive vein treatments for venous insufficiency:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: The vein dr will destroy the diseased saphenous vein using thermal energy channeled through a catheter.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: The vein specialist will collapse the problematic or affected saphenous vein using laser energy channeled through an endovenous laser.
- VenaSeal: The vein physician will fuse the walls of the saphenous vein by injecting a medical adhesive into the diseased vein, essentially shutting it down.
The following are the best minimally-invasive vein treatments for superficial varicose veins and spider veins:
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: The vein doctor will create incisions on the surface of the skin to physically remove the superficial varicose veins from your legs.
- Sclerotherapy: The phlebologist will inject a medicine called sclerosant into the spider veins. This medicine will fuse the spider vein’s walls, essentially turning them into scar tissues that will get absorbed by the body and fade away.
You must only find vein specialists and vein clinics that provide minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments. Minimally-invasive vein treatments are non-surgical, they cause minimal pain or discomfort, and they have a negligible risk of side effects.
Schedule an initial consultation with Houston vein doctors today.
Vein Treatment Clinic is a vein treatment center in Houston with some of the country’s finest vein doctors who specialize in the latest minimally-invasive varicose vein treatments and spider vein treatment in TX. Our Houston vein clinic, located close to The Galleria shopping mall, has a stellar reputation, and we have a perfect track record. You can schedule an initial consultation with our vein doctors today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School