How Can I Find a Varicose Vein Center Near Me in Texas? What are the Qualities of a Skilled Vein Doctor?
April 08, 2020
How Can I Find a Varicose Vein Center Near Me in Texas?
Do you have varicose veins and spider veins?
Varicose veins are large blood vessels that look like a mass of twisted and knotted ropes or tree trunks protruding out of the surface of the skin. Varicose veins are blood vessels with excessive accumulated blood.
If you have varicose veins and spider veins, you’re probably suffering from an underlying circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency.
Venous insufficiency is a dangerous circulatory disorder in which your vein valves collapse. In healthy blood vessels, these vein valves act like one-way doors, i.e., they ensure one-way blood flow from your legs to your heart. As such, when these vein valves collapse, gravity forces blood to flow backward and accumulate in your leg veins. The continued accumulation of blood in your leg veins eventually leads to the formation of varicose veins and spider veins.
If left untreated, varicose veins and spider veins can also lead to other complications. Eventually, you may have to deal with problems like profuse bleeding, skin disease, skin discoloration, and deep vein thrombosis.
Now that you understand the importance of seeking varicose vein treatments, you must be wondering, “how can I find a varicose vein center near me in Texas?”
In this article, we discuss the qualities of well-reputed Houston vein clinics and vein doctors. We also give you a brief overview of minimally invasive varicose vein treatments in Houston vein clinics.
Find Skilled Varicose Vein Doctors
The first thing you must do is find skilled varicose vein doctors in Houston, TX. The following are some of the qualities of the most well-reputed vein doctors:
- They should have completed a wide range of professional milestones, like residencies, fellowships, etc.
- Look for vein doctors who have been trained at reputable medical institutions.
- Vein doctors should specialize in vascular imaging, which is a necessary skill in the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins and spider veins.
- Vein doctors should also specialize in the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
- Finally, Houston vein doctors should be kind, patient, and compassionate.
Find a State-of-the-Art Varicose Vein Clinic
Modern varicose vein treatments rely on advanced infrastructure and technologies. You must find a Houston vein clinic that has access to technologies like VNUS, ClariVein, ClosureFAST, etc. These technologies help vein doctors treat varicose veins and spider veins without causing any pain or discomfort.
Find a Houston Vein Clinic that Provides Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments
In the past, varicose veins and spider veins could only be treated using dangerous and complicated surgical procedures like vein ligation and vein stripping. However, thanks to modern vein care and technologies, these risky methods have gone out of fashion.
You must find a Houston vein clinic that only recommends non-surgical minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. The following is a brief overview of minimally invasive varicose vein treatments:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During this procedure, the vein doctor uses a catheter to transmit heat energy that damages the diseased saphenous vein’s walls, restoring blood circulation to the heart.
- Laser Ablation: During this procedure, the vein doctor uses a catheter to transmit laser energy that collapses the diseased saphenous vein, thus restoring blood circulation to the heart.
- VenaSeal: During this procedure, the vein doctor injects a vein glue into the diseased vein to seal it shut and restore effective blood circulation to the heart.
- Sclerotherapy: This is a spider vein treatment in which the vein doctor injects a sclerosant solution into the spider veins.
What Happens During Varicose Vein Treatments at Vein Treatment Clinic?
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best vein clinics in Houston. We have a kind, brilliant, and funny vein doctor who treats varicose veins and spider veins effectively and with a negligible risk of side effects.
The following is a brief overview of what you can expect during varicose vein treatments at Vein Treatment Clinic:
- Reviewing the Symptoms of Vein Disease: During your initial consultation, the vein doctor will study your varicose veins and spider veins. They will look for all the symptoms of vein disease, such as skin disease, skin discoloration, leg heaviness, swollen ankles, etc.
- Diagnosis of the Root Cause of Varicose Veins and Spider Veins: The vein doctor will use a Doppler Ultrasound method to accurately identify the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins. The vascular ultrasound will identify underlying vein disease.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: The vein doctor will curate a minimally invasive varicose vein treatment plan. They will recommend treatments like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. After the diseased saphenous vein is collapsed or removed, the vein doctor will recommend sclerotherapy to remove the appearance of superficial varicose veins and spider veins from your legs, thus restoring their aesthetic beauty.
Schedule an Appointment with Houston Vein Clinics Today
Vein Treatment Clinic is home to one of Houston’s most skilled vein doctors — Dr. Calvin Jung. He’s a highly skilled and experienced vein doctor with a perfect track record. His patients often say just how funny and compassionate he is, both of which are great qualities to have in a doctor!
Dr. Jung also happens to be a skilled cosmetic surgeon, which is awesome because that means he has an especially keen sense of aesthetics. You can rest assured that your legs will look a decade younger under his care.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School