Spider Vein Treatment in Texas: Importance, Diagnosis, and Vein Removal — According to Vein Doctor
Why is spider vein treatment in Texas important?
Most people think spider vein treatment in Texas isn’t important or that it’s a cosmetic procedure without any medical necessity. That belief is based on the false assumption that varicose veins and spider veins are superficial conditions without serious medical side effects or consequences. That’s a dangerous assumption, especially because varicose veins and spider veins are often symptomatic of a dangerous circulatory disorder called chronic venous insufficiency.
Venous insufficiency is a circulatory disorder in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins. In healthy veins, these vein valves act like one-way doors, allowing blood to flow towards the heart, but preventing it from flowing backward due to gravity. When your vein valves collapse, blood flows backward and accumulates in leg veins, eventually leading to vein dilation.
Over time, as accumulated blood continues applying pressure on the vein walls, the veins start bulging outwards. That’s when you notice spider veins, i.e., the dense cluster of web-like blood vessels on the surface of the skin. Continued blood accumulation in your leg veins leads to further vein dilation, eventually leading to varicose veins, i.e., twisted and knotted blood vessels that protrude out of the surface of the skin.
You see? Varicose veins and spider veins aren’t as harmless as you may think, and you must consult a vein removal center for spider vein treatment in Texas. The following are some of the reasons why spider vein removal in Texas is crucial:
- They’re Ugly: Spider veins and varicose veins are hideous, they look like dense and tangled ropes or blood vessels on the surface of the skin. As such, you should consider varicose vein and spider vein removal simply because they look terrible and continue spreading.
- Mental Health: Most people with varicose veins and spider veins report self-consciousness and social anxiety. People with varicose veins and spider veins often avoid social events that require them to wear dresses or shorts, leading to self-imposed isolation and anxiety.
- Severe Complications: Spider vein treatment is important because it’s often caused by venous insufficiency, as mentioned earlier. If left untreated, venous insufficiency leads to severe complications, including profuse bleeding, skin disease, skin discoloration, leg swelling, leg ulcers, and deep vein thrombosis.
- Chronic Condition: Venous insufficiency is a chronic medical condition, i.e., it worsens with time. People often think varicose veins and spider veins will naturally go away after some time. That’s far from accurate — if anything, the continued accumulation of blood in leg veins leads to worse symptoms. As such, you must seek spider vein removal because the underlying venous insufficiency worsens.
Why do vein doctors recommend minimally invasive vein treatments?
In the past, varicose veins and spider veins could only be treated with complicated and risky surgical treatments, such as vein ligation, venous bypass surgery, and vein stripping. All of these surgical procedures required hospitalization, considerable downtime, and had a high risk of complications. However, thanks to advancements in vein care and technologies, surgical treatments aren’t necessary anymore. The most reputable vein doctors and vein centers only provide minimally invasive vein treatments, completely avoiding surgical spider vein removal methods.
The following are the primary reasons vein doctors recommend minimally invasive vein treatments:
- They have a 97% success rate, making them highly effective.
- They’re non-surgical and minimally-invasive, necessitating small incisions or injections.
- They’re performed under local anesthesia, so you feel minimal pain or discomfort.
- Since there are no major incisions, the risk of infections is negligible, making them a lot safer than surgical treatments.
- No hospitalization — they’re performed in the vein center.
- Procedures conclude within an hour.
- No downtime — you can get back to work immediately.
How do vein doctors diagnose varicose veins and spider veins?
Vein doctors diagnose the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins with a combination of visual inspection and screening tests. During the visual examination, the vein doctor will examine your varicose veins and spider veins, and look for other signs and symptoms of vein disease, including restless leg syndrome, leg swelling, frequent leg cramps, throbbing leg veins, skin disease, skin discoloration, or leg ulcers. Following that, the vein doctor will administer a vascular imaging screening test. During this procedure (Duplex Ultrasound), the vein doctor will use ultrasound to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins.
What happens during the minimally invasive vein removal procedure?
If you have underlying venous insufficiency, the vein doctor will recommend minimally invasive vein treatments, including radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. During these procedures, the vein doctor will use thermal energy, laser energy, or medical adhesives to collapse or seal the diseased saphenous vein’s walls. The accumulated blood flows to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation, and the diseased vein gets absorbed by the body.
After treating the underlying venous insufficiency, the vein doctor will recommend cosmetic procedures for varicose veins and spider veins removal. Sclerotherapy is the best spider vein removal procedure. During this minimally invasive treatment, the vein doctor injects a medicine called sclerosant into the spider veins, fusing their vein walls and turning them into hardened scar tissues that eventually get absorbed by the body. A single sclerotherapy spider vein removal procedure minimizes the appearance of spider veins by up to 70% within 3 weeks.
Schedule a consultation for spider vein removal in Texas.
Vein Treatment Clinic is a highly-reputable vein center, and we specialize in some of the most advanced minimally invasive vein removal options for varicose veins and spider veins. Our vein center is located in Uptown Houston, close to The Galleria shopping mall. For more information, please schedule a consultation for spider vein removal in Texas today.
Meet Our Houston
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung focuses on spider and varicose vein removal by implementing minimally-invasive vein treatments such as sclerotharpy, radiofrequency ablation, clarivein & VenaSeal.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our vein treatment locations. (281) 823-8248
Visit our Book Appointment page and instantly request an appointment at a Texas vein center near you. We offer Free Insurance Verification before your appointment.
FEATURED POSTS BY VEIN DOCTORS
Introducing Dr. Calvin Jung, Talented Varicose Vein Doc in TXJanuary 29, 2021Introducing Dr. Calvin JungDr. Calvin Jung is an incredibly talented varicose vein doc in TX — he’s widely recognized for his exceptional varicose vein treatments and results. He’s currently...
What Can I Expect from My Sclerotherapy Treatment Near River Oaks?January 28, 2021What happens during the sclerotherapy treatment near River Oaks?Sclerotherapy is a fairly straightforward and simple treatment for spider veins that concludes within 30 minutes with no...
Consult Dr. Jung for Sclerotherapy In or Near Texas January 28, 2021 Dr. Jung is an exceptional practitioner of sclerotherapy and other vein treatments in Texas. Dr. Jung is an exceptionally skilled practitioner of sclerotherapy and other advanced vein treatments in...
Where Can I Find a Good Vein Clinic for Sclerotherapy Near Houston? January 28, 2021 Vein Treatment Clinic provides sclerotherapy and other effective vein treatments in Houston. Vein Treatment Clinic is widely considered one of the most reputable medical centers for...