Should I Consult Vein Clinics for Spider Vein Treatment Near Me in River Oaks?
What’s the importance of spider vein treatment near me in River Oaks?
At Vein Treatment Clinic, Texas, we’re often asked, “what’s the importance of spider vein treatment near me in River Oaks?” Most people think spider veins are a harmless condition that may lead to nothing more than a little unsightliness and discomfort. Some even believe spider veins disappear on their own. Both are false assumptions that prevent people from consulting reputable vein doctors near River Oaks for minimally invasive vein treatments.
This article intends to highlight the importance of spider vein treatment near me in River Oaks. Let’s start with all the reasons you need to consult an advanced vein clinic:
- Cosmetic Appearance: Spider veins look ugly, but you probably already know that. These dilated blood vessels look like a dense network of spider webs trapped under your skin’s surface. Furthermore, they continue expanding outwards, growing so much that they’re also hard to conceal.
- Mental Health: People with spider veins and varicose veins often say that they lead to severe self-consciousness and social anxiety. People with spider veins often avoid social situations that require wearing bikinis, dresses, or shorts, eventually leading to extended periods of isolation. This can affect your social life, professional life, and general mental health.
- Physical Health: Spider veins may be superficially harmless, but they’re often symptomatic of a dangerous circulatory disorder called chronic venous insufficiency. Venous insufficiency is a dangerous condition in which your vein valves collapse, causing blood to flow backward and accumulate in leg veins. Over time, the continued accumulation of blood in leg veins leads to vein dilation, leading to severe complications, including spider veins,varicose veins, profuse bleeding, skin disease, and many more.
How do I know if it’s time to consult advanced vein clinics? What are the signs and symptoms of vein disease?
If you can see spider veins on your skin’s surface, it’s time to consult a state-of-the-art and advanced vein clinic near River Oaks. However, several signs and symptoms may warn you even before you notice spider veins and varicose veins. You must note that venous insufficiency is a chronic condition, so the symptoms of vein disease gradually worsen with time.
Most of the initial signs and symptoms of vein disease are fairly benign and mild, easily mistaken for signs of aging or exhaustion. However, a tell-tale sign that you’re suffering from venous insufficiency is that the symptoms of vein disease worsen at the end of the day or after long periods of sitting or standing still. The following are the initial relatively-harmless signs and symptoms of vein disease:
- Restless leg syndrome
- Frequent leg cramps
- Leg swelling
- Leg pain
- Leg heaviness
- General exhaustion
- Throbbing leg veins
- Spider veins
As mentioned earlier, the symptoms of vein disease worsen with time. If left untreated, venous insufficiency worsens, and you suffer from progressively more dangerous complications, including:
- Varicose veins — large blood vessels that protrude out of the skin’s surface in a twisted and knotted form.
- Profuse bleeding due to excessive leg vein dilation.
- Skin disease — the breakdown of blood cells in your legs leads to a rust-colored and patchy appearance.
- Skin discoloration caused by the lack of blood circulation in leg veins.
- Leg ulcers — your wounds don’t heal due to the lack of effective blood circulation in leg veins, leading to non-healing wounds.
- Deep vein thrombosis — a condition in which the accumulated blood in your leg veins clots and hardens.
What can I expect during minimally invasive vein treatments at an advanced vein clinic?
- Identification of the symptoms of vein disease: Advanced vein clinics start vein treatments with a diagnostic process. The vein doctor will look for the signs and symptoms of vein disease, as mentioned earlier.
- Vascular imaging tests to identify vein disease: After the initial consultation, the vein doctor will administer Duplex Ultrasound, a vascular imaging test that visualizes the blood flow in your leg veins, highlighting the diseased saphenous vein.
- Minimally invasive vein treatments: If you have vein disease, a state-of-the-art vein clinic will recommend minimally invasive vein treatments, including radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation. The vein doctor will channel thermal or laser energy into the diseased vein via a catheter, collapsing its vein walls. Once the diseased vein is removed, the accumulated blood will flow to healthier veins.
- Minimally invasive procedures for spider vein removal: After the primary vein treatment, the vein doctors may recommend sclerotherapy to remove the visible spider veins and superficial varicose veins from your skin’s surface. The vein doctor will inject a medicine that fuses your spider veins’ walls, turning them into hardened scar tissues that eventually get absorbed by the body.
- Post-operative guidelines and release: Minimally invasive vein treatments conclude within an hour with no hospitalization or downtime. As such, after the vein treatment, our advanced vein doctors will discuss post-operative care guidelines, and you’ll be released to go home. You can take a day to recover, or you can carry on with your daily activities — that’s your call.
Schedule your treatments of vein disease at our state-of-the-art vein clinic near River Oaks.
Vein Treatment Clinic is widely considered one of the most reputable state-of-the-art Houston vein clinics in Texas. Our vein clinic is located near The Galleria shopping mall in Uptown Houston, less than 5 minutes from River Oaks via S Shepherd Dr and San Felipe St. For more information, please schedule an appointment with our advanced vein clinic today.
Meet Our Houston
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung focuses on spider and varicose vein removal by implementing minimally-invasive vein treatments such as sclerotharpy, radiofrequency ablation, clarivein & VenaSeal.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our vein treatment locations. (281) 823-8248
Visit our Book Appointment page and instantly request an appointment at a Texas vein center near you. We offer Free Insurance Verification before your appointment.
FEATURED POSTS BY VEIN DOCTORS
Introducing Dr. Calvin Jung, Talented Varicose Vein Doc in TXJanuary 29, 2021Introducing Dr. Calvin JungDr. Calvin Jung is an incredibly talented varicose vein doc in TX — he’s widely recognized for his exceptional varicose vein treatments and results. He’s currently...
What Can I Expect from My Sclerotherapy Treatment Near River Oaks?January 28, 2021What happens during the sclerotherapy treatment near River Oaks?Sclerotherapy is a fairly straightforward and simple treatment for spider veins that concludes within 30 minutes with no...
Consult Dr. Jung for Sclerotherapy In or Near Texas January 28, 2021 Dr. Jung is an exceptional practitioner of sclerotherapy and other vein treatments in Texas. Dr. Jung is an exceptionally skilled practitioner of sclerotherapy and other advanced vein treatments in...
Where Can I Find a Good Vein Clinic for Sclerotherapy Near Houston? January 28, 2021 Vein Treatment Clinic provides sclerotherapy and other effective vein treatments in Houston. Vein Treatment Clinic is widely considered one of the most reputable medical centers for...