Spider Vein Dr in Houston Discusses Varicose Veins and Spider Veins
Spider Vein Dr in Houston Discusses Varicose Veins and Spider Veins
Dr. Calvin Jung is an incredibly kind, compassionate, and talented spider vein dr. in Houston. Dr. Jung specializes in the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments for varicose veins and spider veins. He currently serves as the medical director at Vein Treatment Clinic, Houston, widely considered one of the most accomplished vein clinics in Houston, Texas. But you don’t have to take our word for it — you can read our patients’ 5-star reviews for yourself!
During your initial consultation with our spider vein dr. in Houston, he carefully examines your varicose veins and spider veins to curate the ideal minimally invasive vein treatment for your specific needs. Our vein treatment center in Houston also accepts most insurance plans, and we help you get optimal insurance coverage for minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation.
At Vein Treatment Clinic, we make sure that your vein treatment experience is physically and emotionally comfortable. We achieve physical comfort by providing the latest and safest minimally invasive vein treatments under local anesthesia. And we achieve emotional comfort by discussing all the details of the vein treatment procedure, so you know what to expect. In this article, we extend that to provide crucial information on varicose veins and spider veins.
Are varicose veins and spider veins the same?
People often use the terms “varicose veins” and “spider veins” interchangeably. The mistake is understandable since both varicose veins and spider veins are dilated blood vessels with excessive blood. However, they have some crucial differences.
Spider veins are extremely thin clusters of blood vessels that appear on the skin’s surface, without bulging outwards. They look like spider webs just underneath your skin. Varicose veins are dense rope-like knots of twisted and tangled blood vessels that protrude from the skin’s surface.
Are varicose veins and spider veins harmless?
Another common misconception is that varicose veins and spider veins are harmless. Varicose veins and spider veins are usually symptomatic of a dangerous circulatory disorder called chronic venous insufficiency. As such, if left untreated, you may eventually suffer from severe vein problems and complications, such as:
- Profuse bleeding due to burst varicose veins, caused by excessive blood accumulation in leg veins.
- Swollen ankles and feet.
- The formation of red and rust-colored leathery and scaly patches on your skin due to the breakdown of blood cells.
- Skin discoloration due to the lack of effective blood circulation in your leg veins.
- The formation of leg ulcers or non-healing wounds due to the lack of blood circulation, which prevents wounds from healing effectively.
- Deep vein thrombosis, a condition in which the accumulated blood in your leg veins clot. If these blood clots break, they may travel to the lungs, inducing pulmonary embolism.
What are the best varicose vein treatments?
The best varicose vein treatments are minimally invasive procedures that treat the diseased saphenous vein without side effects or complications. The following are the best minimally invasive varicose vein treatments:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During this varicose vein treatment, the vein doctor uses thermal or heat energy to treat vein disease.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: During this varicose vein treatment, the vein doctor uses laser energy to treat vein disease.
- VenaSeal: During this varicose vein treatment, the vein doctor injects a medical adhesive into the diseased vein to treat vein disease.
- Sclerotherapy: This isn’t a varicose vein treatment, but it’s commonly administered after the primary vein treatment to remove the visible spider veins.
What can I expect during my minimally invasive varicose vein treatments?
During the minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, your vein doctor will apply local anesthesia to numb the targeted region. Following that, the vein doctor will create an incision to insert a catheter or laser fiber into the diseased saphenous vein. The vein doctor will guide the catheter or laser fiber under ultrasound guidance. Once the catheter is lodged inside the diseased saphenous vein, the vein doctor will inject anesthesia to the vein’s walls to protect the surrounding tissues. Finally, the vein doctor will activate the catheter or laser fiber to collapse the diseased saphenous vein. The accumulated blood will flow to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart. Meanwhile, the diseased saphenous vein will get absorbed by the body.
Are minimally invasive varicose vein treatments eligible for insurance coverage?
Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are usually covered by most insurance plans because they’re medically necessary procedures. Depending on your insurance plan, you may get insurance coverage for a part of the treatment, but you may still have to pay for some of it out-of-pocket. However, radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation are the only minimally invasive varicose vein treatments eligible for insurance coverage.
What can I expect from a reputable vein treatment center in Houston, Texas?
You can expect the following from your appointment at a reputable vein treatment center in Houston, Texas:
- The vein doctor will physically examine your varicose veins and spider veins.
- The vein doctor will administer a vascular imaging test to determine if you have vein disease.
- The vein doctor will discuss your minimally invasive varicose vein treatment options.
- The vein doctor will treat the diseased saphenous vein using varicose vein treatments.
- If you have superficial varicose veins and spider veins, the vein doctor will use minimally invasive procedures to remove them.
Contact Our Houston Vein Clinic
Vein Treatment Clinic is a highly-reputable Houston vein clinic with an incredibly talented and compassionate spider vein doctor — Dr. Calvin Jung. You can find our vein treatment center in Houston, close to The Galleria shopping mall in Uptown Houston. For more information, please schedule an appointment with our Houston vein doctor today.
Meet Our Houston
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung focuses on spider and varicose vein removal by implementing minimally-invasive vein treatments such as sclerotharpy, radiofrequency ablation, clarivein & VenaSeal.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our vein treatment locations. (281) 823-8248
Visit our Book Appointment page and instantly request an appointment at a Texas vein center near you. We offer Free Insurance Verification before your appointment.
FEATURED POSTS BY VEIN DOCTORS
Introducing Dr. Calvin Jung, Talented Varicose Vein Doc in TXJanuary 29, 2021Introducing Dr. Calvin JungDr. Calvin Jung is an incredibly talented varicose vein doc in TX — he’s widely recognized for his exceptional varicose vein treatments and results. He’s currently...
What Can I Expect from My Sclerotherapy Treatment Near River Oaks?January 28, 2021What happens during the sclerotherapy treatment near River Oaks?Sclerotherapy is a fairly straightforward and simple treatment for spider veins that concludes within 30 minutes with no...
Consult Dr. Jung for Sclerotherapy In or Near Texas January 28, 2021 Dr. Jung is an exceptional practitioner of sclerotherapy and other vein treatments in Texas. Dr. Jung is an exceptionally skilled practitioner of sclerotherapy and other advanced vein treatments in...
Where Can I Find a Good Vein Clinic for Sclerotherapy Near Houston? January 28, 2021 Vein Treatment Clinic provides sclerotherapy and other effective vein treatments in Houston. Vein Treatment Clinic is widely considered one of the most reputable medical centers for...