Spider Vein Clinic in TX Describes Spider Vein Treatments
Our Spider Vein Clinic in TX Discusses Spider Vein Treatments
Vein Treatment Clinic is an extremely reputable spider vein clinic in TX. Our exceptionally talented and compassionate vein doctors have performed hundreds of successful minimally invasive vein treatments for various vein diseases, including spider veins, varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis, etc.
We have noticed that most patients who come to our vein center believe minimally invasive vein treatments are surgical, painful, or complicated. Some of our patients even consider taking time off work for the varicose vein treatment. However, these are all based on false notions of what happens during minimally invasive vein treatments.
Minimally invasive vein treatments are extremely simple and nonsurgical procedures that cause minimal pain and discomfort. These are in-office and outpatient procedures with a negligible risk of side effects, and they conclude within an hour with no downtime. Most people can get back to work immediately after the varicose vein treatment.
However, since people have a false conception of varicose vein treatments, they usually procrastinate and don’t seek treatment until their vein diseases have progressed considerably. In this article, our vein doctors intend to provide a detailed overview of what you can expect from minimally invasive spider vein treatments, so you know there’s nothing to be scared of.
Summary of Minimally Invasive Spider Vein Treatments
Spider veins may or may not be caused by underlying venous insufficiency, a circulatory disorder in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins. The accumulated blood eventually leads to vein dilation, leading to spider veins, varicose veins, and other vein problems.
Before curating a treatment plan, the vein doctors will use vascular imaging processes to identify the direction of blood flow in your leg veins. Minimally invasive vein treatment for underlying vein disease usually comprises radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, or VenaSeal. Following the primary treatment, the vein doctors may include sclerotherapy or ambulatory phlebectomy to remove the superficial varicose veins and spider veins.
The following is a summary of minimally invasive varicose vein treatment and spider vein treatments.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: This is a minimally invasive vein treatment in which thermal energy is deployed into the diseased saphenous vein.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: This is a minimally invasive vein treatment in which laser energy collapses the problematic vein and treats vein disease.
- VenaSeal: This is a minimally invasive vein treatment in which a medical glue is used to seal the diseased vein’s walls.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: This is a minimally invasive varicose vein treatment in which the vein doctors surgically remove the superficial varicose veins.
- Sclerotherapy: This is a minimally invasive spider vein treatment in which the vein doctors seal the spider veins’ walls closed.
- The vein doctor applies local anesthesia and creates an incision on your skin’s surface.
- They insert a catheter through the incision.
- The catheter is driven into the diseased saphenous vein under ultrasound guidance.
- The vein doctor injects anesthesia along the vein’s walls.
- The catheter is activated to generate thermal energy, collapsing the diseased saphenous vein.
- The accumulated blood flows to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation.
- The diseased vein hardens and gets absorbed by the body.
Endovenous Laser Ablation
- After delivering local anesthesia, the vein doctor creates an incision on your skin’s surface.
- An endovenous laser, i.e., a laser fiber attached to a catheter, is inserted into the saphenous vein under ultrasound guidance.
- The vein physician delivers tumescent anesthesia along the vein’s walls.
- The endovenous laser fiber is activated to generate laser energy, destroying the problematic saphenous vein.
- The accumulated blood flows to healthier leg veins.
- The collapsed vein gets absorbed by the body.
- VenaSeal is a medical-grade adhesive used to seal vein walls.
- The vein doctor injects VenaSeal into the diseased vein via vascular imaging.
- VenaSeal fuses the saphenous vein’s walls.
- The diseased vein hardens and shuts down.
- The accumulated blood flows to healthier leg veins, restoring smooth blood circulation.
- The diseased saphenous vein eventually gets absorbed by the body.
Ambulatory phlebectomy is a simple minimally invasive vein treatment used to remove the superficial varicose veins left on your skin’s surface after the primary vein treatment. The vein doctor creates incisions on the skin’s surface to manually remove the diseased varicose veins. The incisions are sutured and allowed to heal. This is a cosmetic procedure, so it’s not covered by medical insurance plans.
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive spider vein treatment used to address the spider veins. The vein doctors inject a medicine called sclerosant solution into the spider veins. Sclerosant acts like a vein glue, sealing the spider veins’ walls and turning them into hardened scar tissues. The hardened spider veins get absorbed by the body and eventually fade away. You can notice significant cosmetic improvements within three weeks, but you may need to return for multiple sessions. Sclerotherapy isn’t covered by insurance plans because it’s a cosmetic procedure.
Schedule an Appointment at Our Vein Center
Vein Treatment Clinic is widely considered the most reputable varicose vein treatment center in Texas. Our state-of-the-art vein center specializes in the latest minimally invasive vein treatments, including sclerotherapy and endovenous laser ablation. Our vein doctors also help you get the best insurance coverage possible for your treatment. Our Houston vein center is highly accessible, located a short walk from The Galleria in Uptown Houston. For more information, please schedule an appointment with our vein center today.
Meet Our Houston
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung focuses on spider and varicose vein removal by implementing minimally-invasive vein treatments such as sclerotharpy, radiofrequency ablation, clarivein & VenaSeal.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our vein treatment locations. (281) 823-8248
Visit our Book Appointment page and instantly request an appointment at a Texas vein center near you. We offer Free Insurance Verification before your appointment.
FEATURED POSTS BY VEIN DOCTORS
Introducing Dr. Calvin Jung, Talented Varicose Vein Doc in TXJanuary 29, 2021Introducing Dr. Calvin JungDr. Calvin Jung is an incredibly talented varicose vein doc in TX — he’s widely recognized for his exceptional varicose vein treatments and results. He’s currently...
What Can I Expect from My Sclerotherapy Treatment Near River Oaks?January 28, 2021What happens during the sclerotherapy treatment near River Oaks?Sclerotherapy is a fairly straightforward and simple treatment for spider veins that concludes within 30 minutes with no...
Consult Dr. Jung for Sclerotherapy In or Near Texas January 28, 2021 Dr. Jung is an exceptional practitioner of sclerotherapy and other vein treatments in Texas. Dr. Jung is an exceptionally skilled practitioner of sclerotherapy and other advanced vein treatments in...
Where Can I Find a Good Vein Clinic for Sclerotherapy Near Houston? January 28, 2021 Vein Treatment Clinic provides sclerotherapy and other effective vein treatments in Houston. Vein Treatment Clinic is widely considered one of the most reputable medical centers for...