Should I Consult a Spider Vein Clinic Near Me in Houston 2020?
Why should I consult a spider vein clinic near me in Houston, 2020?
If you’re wondering if you should “consult a spider vein clinic near me in Houston in 2020,” you’re probably suffering from varicose veins and spider veins. And, if you have varicose veins and spider veins, there’s a strong chance you have an underlying circulatory disorder called chronic venous insufficiency, so you should definitely consult a vein treatment center in Houston, Texas.
The following are the reasons to consult a vein doctor in Houston, Texas:
- Cosmetic Appearance: Varicose veins and spider veins are abnormal leg veins that look ugly, appearing in the form of dense clusters or thick ropes of tangled blood vessels on your skin’s surface.
- Mental Health: Most people with varicose veins and spider veins feel crippling social anxiety and self-consciousness, especially as they continue growing and expanding. You may eventually stop going to social events and feel a need to cover your body out of shame. This can lead to social anxiety and depression.
- Vein Disease: The presence of varicose veins and spider veins is a strong indication that you may have underlying chronic venous insufficiency, a condition in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins. Vein disease is a serious circulatory disorder that can lead to severe medical complications.
- Chronic Conditions: Venous insufficiency, and the consequent varicose veins and spider veins, are chronic conditions that worsen over time. As such, you can’t simply wait for them to improve, you must consult a vein doctor before they get worse.
How can I identify the signs and symptoms of vein disease, including varicose veins and spider veins?
Venous insufficiency is a chronic condition, which means it worsens over time due to the continued accumulation of blood in your leg veins. The initial signs and symptoms of vein disease are fairly benign and easily misattributed to aging or exhaustion. However, the signs and symptoms of vein disease gradually worsen, leading to severe complications. It’s also worth noting that the signs and symptoms of vein disease worsen at the end of the day or after long periods of sitting or standing due to blood accumulation.
You should consult a vein treatment center in Houston, Texas when you notice the following signs and venous insufficiency symptoms:
- Leg heaviness.
- Restless leg syndrome.
- Throbbing leg veins.
- Swollen legs, ankles, and feet.
- Frequent leg cramps and muscle spasms.
- Spider veins — dense clusters of blood vessels that appear on the skin’s surface and look like a network of spider webs.
- Varicose veins — thick masses of knotted and tangled veins that bulge out of the skin’s surface.
- Profuse bleeding when the varicose veins burst due to over-dilation.
- Skin disease — the breakdown of blood cells leads to the formation of rust-colored and leathery patches on your skin’s surface.
- Skin discoloration due to the lack of blood circulation in your legs.
- Leg ulcers — non-healing wounds on your skin’s surface due to the lack of effective blood circulation, which prevents wounds from healing.
- Deep vein thrombosis, a condition in which the accumulated blood in your leg veins hardens, turning into blood clots. If these blood clots break away, they may travel into the lungs, leading to a potentially lethal condition called pulmonary embolism.
How does a Houston vein doctor treat varicose veins and spider veins?
When you consult a reputable vein doctor in Houston, Texas, they will examine your varicose veins and spider veins to determine if you have underlying vein disease. That’s necessary because the treatment protocol for superficial varicose veins and spider veins varies from the treatment for vein disease. The vein doctor will use vascular imaging to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins, identifying venous insufficiency.
If you have underlying venous insufficiency, the vein doctor will recommend the following minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: A minimally invasive procedure in which thermal energy is channeled through a catheter to collapse the diseased saphenous veins’ walls. The accumulated blood flows to healthier veins.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: A minimally invasive procedure in which laser energy is channeled through an endovenous laser fiber to collapse the diseased saphenous veins. The accumulated blood flows to healthier veins.
- VenaSeal: A minimally invasive procedure in which a medical adhesive is injected into the diseased vein. The vein glue seals the vein’s walls, rerouting the accumulated blood to healthier veins. The diseased vein eventually hardens and gets absorbed by the body.
The aforementioned varicose vein treatments address the underlying vein disease. However, you may still have visible spider veins on your skin’s surface. The vein doctor may recommend sclerotherapy, a procedure in which a medicine is injected into the spider veins to harden them into scar tissues that eventually get absorbed by the body.
Are minimally invasive varicose vein treatments covered by insurance plans?
Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are covered by insurance plans when they’re deemed medically necessary, i.e., when they treat underlying venous insufficiency.
- Radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation are eligible for insurance coverage because they’re medically necessary procedures that treat vein disease.
- VenaSeal also treats vein disease, but it’s not eligible for insurance coverage because it’s a relatively new treatment.
- Sclerotherapy isn’t eligible for insurance coverage because it’s a cosmetic procedure.
How can I schedule a consultation with your vein treatment center in Houston, Texas?
Vein Treatment Clinic is a state-of-the-art Houston vein clinic specializing in the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. Our vein doctors carefully examine the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins to recommend the ideal procedure. Our 5-star rated vein treatment center in Houston is close to The Galleria shopping mall. For more information, please schedule an appointment and come over to our Houston vein clinic.
Meet Our Houston
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung focuses on spider and varicose vein removal by implementing minimally-invasive vein treatments such as sclerotharpy, radiofrequency ablation, clarivein & VenaSeal.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our vein treatment locations. (281) 823-8248
Visit our Book Appointment page and instantly request an appointment at a Texas vein center near you. We offer Free Insurance Verification before your appointment.
FEATURED POSTS BY VEIN DOCTORS
Introducing Dr. Calvin Jung, Talented Varicose Vein Doc in TXJanuary 29, 2021Introducing Dr. Calvin JungDr. Calvin Jung is an incredibly talented varicose vein doc in TX — he’s widely recognized for his exceptional varicose vein treatments and results. He’s currently...
What Can I Expect from My Sclerotherapy Treatment Near River Oaks?January 28, 2021What happens during the sclerotherapy treatment near River Oaks?Sclerotherapy is a fairly straightforward and simple treatment for spider veins that concludes within 30 minutes with no...
Consult Dr. Jung for Sclerotherapy In or Near Texas January 28, 2021 Dr. Jung is an exceptional practitioner of sclerotherapy and other vein treatments in Texas. Dr. Jung is an exceptionally skilled practitioner of sclerotherapy and other advanced vein treatments in...
Where Can I Find a Good Vein Clinic for Sclerotherapy Near Houston? January 28, 2021 Vein Treatment Clinic provides sclerotherapy and other effective vein treatments in Houston. Vein Treatment Clinic is widely considered one of the most reputable medical centers for...